Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Just a Few Notes...

These are just some funny things that have happened in the last few days:
1.) We have not yet decided if I can run without Chris yet, because of a few factors: stray dogs don't really run after 2 people but might go after 1 person, giving more time to learn our neighborhood, and just being a female. So I (Leanne) have chosen a few times to run sprints right on our street. Today while doing shuttle runs back in forth, a man not far away waiting on his moto for someone to hire him out for a ride (called a moto-dop) kept yelling, "ma'am, ma'am, I drive you, I drive you." I couldn't help but think, "does he think I am lost, and that I threw in the white flag and decided to run as fast as I can back in forth to solve the problem? Or is that he thinks I want to go somewhere and don't know how to go about it, and again just gave in and started running up and down the same street." Who knows what he was thinking, all I do know is he probably thinks I am crazy for not getting anywhere and just running back and forth, and back and forth.

2.) I enrolled in Khmer One yesterday at Logos and my first class is on Tuesday. I will be taking the class with mostly elementary schoolers and some teenage foreigners. So I have asked Chris to pack me a lunch and send me to school with a kiss. I hope to speak at the level of a 4-5 year old when I am done. It should be fun...

3.) We counted today and so far we have only had one day that we have not eaten rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment