The race was a success! Despite the 35 degree, rainy, windy weather we had over 30 racers come and run in our "Race us to Cambodia 5K Run/Walk." We had runners, walkers (with their pups), rollerbladers, and skateboarders supporting us in our move to Cambodia. We raised over $2,900 on Saturday morning just from those who donated that day! THANK YOU!!! Let us know if you could not come but would still like to partner with us.
Here are some of our finish line photos from Saturday...
Our winner Andrew coming across the finish line.
Our race crew volunteers!
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Over the last month we have been doing a lot to get ready for our big move this summer. There is so much that needs to be done in the next few months...
- Leanne got a new passport (I guess procrastinating and never doing it after we got married is now catching up with us).
- Chris got 2 years of meds, contacts, and a new pair of glasses.
- Leanne got Lasik eye surgery on the 16th, and now doesn't have to deal with contacts and glasses anymore!
- With the help from two wonderful students from the Annex, we started packing our winter clothes and things we know we won't need in Cambodia (thanks Sara and Blayne!)
- We started to sell some of our things that we don't want to store over the next couple of years (let us know if you want a recliner chair, Men's Salamon skis, or a Chevy Equinox).
- We have been getting ready for our big fundraiser event on April 24th! Hope to see you all there....