Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Stayin' Classy at Graduation and Senior Banquet

Leanne, myself and the Moons acting fancy at Banquet. All my ties were packed, don't judge! 
Two of my most significant events of the year happened in the last two weeks. First and most obvious was the Logos graduation ceremony in which the school said congratulations and goodbye to 21 seniors whom I have come to know well and love over the last three years. For the second year in a row I had the distinct priviledge of giving the commencement address and I loved the opportunity to give these students one last piece of my mind. I will miss them dearly because they have been at Logos throughout my time. I have taught or coached every single one of them and I have a deep respect for this year's class. Fortunately many of them will be going to the States for college and I will cross paths with them again as they go on to their next step.
This year's tiny but dynamic graduating class. 
 
A week after graduation we had the Logos Banquet which is an end-of-the-year celebration for the junior and senior classes. Songs were sung, speeches were made, delicious food was consumed and good times were had by all who attended. I had the duty of planning and paying for this year's banquet so, though I enjoyed it immensely, I was content to see the night go well and be finished. My enjoyment came at the end of the night where a few teachers enjoyed a post-banquet happy hour at the swankiest hotel in the city. It felt nice to pretend to be fancy.
Me and some of my students stayin' classy. 
These two events were bookends to a week of celebration. I have worked very closely with the juniors and seniors and it was wonderful to celebrate the end of this chapter of their lives. International schools are funny because the students often have to take care of the teachers in such a foreign nation and these students took great care of me. I will always appreciate my time with them and the chance we had to celebrate together.

Leanne with a few Logos teachers.


No comments:

Post a Comment