Monday, May 13, 2013

Cambodia Bike Project Keeps Rollin' Along



Starting Cambodia Bike Project has been such a blessing and an exciting part of the work that Leanne and I get to do here in Cambodia. The program is so simple to manage, pay for and organize but it has such a substantial and long-lasting impact.

Leanne was kind enough to connect me with a teacher that she works closely with and recently I was able to do a distribution just around the corner from our house here in Phnom Penh. Children and families gathered together to hear about how to take care of the bikes and they all agreed to use them for the purpose of attending school each and every day.

What I love about CBP is that it has very little to do with me and everything to do with the Cambodians who we support. They are the ones who talk to the kids, they are the ones who pray for the kids and their new bikes, they are the ones that do all of the applications and check-ins. It is the development of Cambodia by Cambodians and I really like being a part of that movement. CBP is simply a conduit for pastors and teachers who want to help their communities and classrooms and I hope it stays that way!

Here are some pics of the kiddos with their new rides and with their families. What a fun and exciting day for all of us.




No comments:

Post a Comment