Thursday, March 1, 2012

Shanghai, China

Last weekend I had the opportunity to participate in an Advanced Placement teachers conference in Shanghai, China. It was an incredible chance to learn about the World History class that I teach and different strategies to use in the classroom.

Besides attending to the conference I had two full days in Shanghai to see the sights, drink Starbucks and eat fast food. It is amazing to spend time in a city that is so developed and advanced in so many ways. I forget about sidewalks, crosswalks and subways. I often forget about dress pants, sweaters and of course, snow.

China was a great chance to enjoy cold weather (25 - 30 degrees) and some of the amenities that I have not had a chance to partake in since visiting Singapore last March.

It was a great opportunity to grow in my teaching profession but also enjoy some hot drinks, cold weather and salty food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment