Sunday, December 5, 2010

Date Night

The other night Chris took me out on a date downtown (though Phnom Penh doesn't really have a downtown, it is the best way to describe the area of town we went to), and the transportation to get there makes me laugh every time. He bought me a new dress a few weeks back and I wanted to wear it since we were going to a "nicer" Italian restaurant. When we lived in Denver we would make our date nights out to be something special -- dressing up, having a long dinner, and then usually doing something afterwards like a show, a concert, movie, etc. Well, here in PP all of those things seem harder to do. So I put on my new dress, got all ready, and eagerly awaited my non-rice dinner.

What always makes me laugh is when we leave our house I put on my pink helmet, (I don't really have to worry about helmet hair because I don't have a hair dryer so my hair is usually still so wet from my shower) and he his Speedracer helmet and we hop on our moto. Not quite the peace and coolness of our old car, I feel myself starting to sweat from the humidity that still has not subsided, and the heat from the exhaust of the cars and trucks around us. I only just hope my dress doesn't look too bad when we arrive at Le Duo.

It always makes for an interesting start to an evening out together, but Chris always helps me remember that I still look beautiful, and then we can enjoy our normal long date night dinner meal! We are still working on the post-dinner activities, but we are finding more and more in the city...

Here is a pic of Chris driving, though not us going on a date, but you get the idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment